Design 101 this month has been all about Paint! We've discussed How to Choose Paint Colors and Where to Put Paint Colors. Some of our readers have asked for our favorite color combinations. We LOVE color, and think that there are endless possibilities for mixing and matching between paint, fabric, and finishes. We encourage all of you to break the rules and come up with your own favorite combinations!
But, because you asked, below are some of our favorite palettes we have used over the years. Test them out in different lights and see if any of them work for you!
1. Glidden Cherries Jubilee GLR03 2. Sherwin Williams Demure SW 6295 3. Farrow & Ball Borrowed Light 235 4. Glidden Hazy Sage GLN27 5. Benjamin Moore Alpaca 1075 6. Stark Paint Plum Brandy
1. Behr Japanese Fern 400B-6 2. Benjamin Moore Dusty Miller CSP-755 3. Benjamin Moore Timothy Straw 2149-10 4. Pratt & Lambert Flint 32-20 5. Ralph Lauren Paint Light sky RLIB221 6. Valspar Prussian Cadet 4008-6C
1. Behr Ruby Ring S-G-150 2. Benjamin Moore Dark Teal 2053-20 3. Farrow & Ball Lichen 19 4. Glidden Sunflower GLY01 5. Pratt & Lambert Diplomat Gray 33-21 6. Valspar Labrador 3009-9
1. Behr Thyme Green 4200-6 2. Benjamin Moore Black Raspberry 2072-20 3. Benjamin Moore Florida Keys Blue 2050-40 4. Benjamin Moore Newbury Port Blue HC-155 5. Sherwin Williams Kestrel SW7516 6. Valspar Apricot Ice 2001-2C
1. Behr Glazed Raspberry 120D-5 2. Benjamin Moore Misty Lilac 2071-70 3. C2 Paint Margarita C2-171 4. Dunn-Edwards Ripe Pear DE5515 5. Olympic Paints Tin Lizzie D42-4 6. Sherwin Wiliams Agreeable Gray SW7029
1. Ace Hardware Paint Ruby Red F7 2. Benjamin Moore Hale Navy HC-154 3. Benjamin Moore Light Pewter 1464 4. Benjamin Moore Savannah Moss 385 5. Benjamin Moore Smoke Embers AC-28 6. Olympic Paints Jamaican Dream B56-6
1. Ace Hardware Paint Straw A22-3 2. Behr Tropical Smoothie 120B-7 3. Benjamin Moore Sail Cloth 8458 4. Valspar Jekyll Crane Cottage Green 6004-3C 5. Valspar La Fonda Spanish Dancer 2005-3B 6. Valspar Mona's Mane 3002-9A
One of the most difficult colors to choose is white. There are a lot of whites out there! We love Benjamin Moore whites. Below are our "go-to" picks.
1. Creamy White 2. Atrium White 3. Decorator's White 4. White Dove 5. Glacier White 6. White Ice
If you have a favorite color, or a favorite color combination, email us! Send us photos! We love to know what our readers are up to.